Pacific Harvest Sea Spaghetti is available online and in specialty food stores.
- For the Salad:
- 10-12 strands sea spaghetti
- 250g soba noodles
- 4 stems sweet stem broccoli, trimmed or 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 400 g Turk's free range cooked chicken meat torn in shreds
- 1 firm but ripe avocado halved, stone removed, peeled and sliced
- toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds for sprinkling
- For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking sake
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, cover and set aside.
- Place the sea spaghetti in a small bowl and just cover with boiling water. Set aside to soften for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the soba noodles in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water to arrest cooking.
- Steam the sweet stem broccoli until tender.
- Drain the sea spaghetti and cut into shorter lengths. Add with the cooked soba noodles, steamed sweet stem broccoli, cucumber, spring onion and shredded chicken into the dressing and toss well to combine. Carefully mix through the avocado slices and place the salad in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Turk's free range 1.35kg chicken
Turk's chicken breast fillets, chicken thighs, chicken tenderloins